The new main features of version 1.6.0 are:
- A new screen to perform time-lapse calculations.
- A new "Time-lapse Pro" package with additional enhanced time-lapse features.
- Map screen: allows to cluster place markers in close proximity.
- "Power Pack": 6 important extensions in one.
- A number of bug fixes and lots of internal improvements.
"Time-lapse photography is a technique whereby the frequency at which film frames are captured (the frame rate) is much lower than that used to view the sequence. When played at normal speed, time appears to be moving faster and thus lapsing. For example, an image of a scene may be captured once every second, then played back at 30 frames per second; the result is an apparent 30 times speed increase." (Wikipedia)
The new time-lapses calculation tool helps to determine the correct camera recording settings for creation of a time-lapse clip.The calculation is performed in a few simple steps:
- First, define the length of the expected clip and the frame rate (FPS). The tool now calculates the number of frames (images) required.
- Following define how the capture is done. For time-lapse the capture duration is much longer than the playback. Once the duration is defined, the tool calculates the required recording interval.
- Optionally you might want to set the anticipated start date/time, and get the finishing time.
- Make sure your camera memory is sufficient to hold the captured images. Enter the approximate image size and get the amount of storage needed.
- Now setup your camera, program the interval timer with the shooting interval and number of images required.
The "Time-lapse Pro" extension enhances the time-lapse tool features.
Custom defined Frame rates (FPS)
In addition to the provided standard frame rates you are able to define you own playback frame rates for a most accurate calculation.
Did you find your 'perfect' time-lapse setting for a particular situation? Then store it as a named scenario for later reuse.
Keyboard entry on a small device is cumbersome? Then try the dial type data entry for duration and intervals. It allows to precisely enter in days, hours, minutes, seconds, down to a tenth of a second.
Map Screen Marker Clustering
Using the Places screen you might want to put a lot of place markers onto the map screen, making it very crowded ... Using the new function on the Map Screen you now can get place markers grouped into clusters, which expand as you zoom into the map.
A number of users asked us to make it simpler to purchase the additional features in one go. Ok, we added the "Power Pack", putting all 6 individual extensions into one. And ... it is not only easier, but also cheaper to buy all of them.